No part of the day is dull when on holiday in Zanzibar. From the stunning sunrise and refreshing cool mornings followed by hot tropical days surrounded by blue skies, white beaches and lush greenery. Perhaps you’ll experience an afternoon shower, but they are short and dramatic – leaving a sight which can only be described as ‘stunning’ behind along with welcomed freshness. Then there are the sunsets… with the faint background murmur of a mosque, waves breaking on the beach and a gin and tonic in hand, Zanzibar is truly nothing short of spectacular.
For those looking to do more than relax on a beach, Zanzibar has enough activities to keep anyone entertained, from some of the best diving and snorkelling sites in the world to dolphin safaris, excellent deep sea fishing, kite surfing and plenty more. Land excursions in Zanzibar are a must-do! Mountain bike rides, spice farm visits, going to watch the fishing ‘Dhows’ (traditional wooden sailing boats) come in with their catches and of course experience the famous rich culture of Zanzibar. There are plenty of shops here filled with impressive hand made goods, plus a vast array of new and antique jewellery for those looking to get some shopping in or take back gifts!
Whether you choose to nothing or fill your days with activities… you may find yourself satisfyingly lethargic, so why not top off a holiday in paradise with a spa treatments. From body scrubs in a hammam to neck massages while sitting in a Jacuzzi or a deep tissue massage in an open air sea facing treatment room… there is something for everybody.
Places to stay on the Island cater for all, romantic honeymooners, families or anyone else looking for an adventure! Zanzibar boasts ultimate luxury, with golden silk bed spreads and rustic white washed domes, every inch of you will feel in comfort.
Bella’s top five hotels to visit in Zanzibar in 2015.
1. Kilindi – this hotel boasts exceptional bathrooms, rustic white washed luxury domes along with the comfy beds after along day at the spa! A butler service is available at your beck and call, and will be delighted to do anything for you, join you on a walk or run a rose petal bath.
2. The Residence Zanzibar – is a contemporary haven, professional, quiet, great service and fantastic rooms.
3. The Palms – with only six rooms you truly get that luxury of a small personal hotel with the advantage of using the neighbouring Baraza spa and Breezes water sports centre. Both Breezes and Baraza are sister properties of The Palms.
4. Mnemba Island – this is a true island paradise, pristine, flawless and totally private with white sandy beaches and impeccable service. The food is sublime and tailored to your personal palette by the head chef and his team.
5. Fundu Lagoon – the ultimate private getaway with some of the best diving spots in the world! Natural beaches with foliage and mangroves, all rooms are beautifully furnished and the perfect hideaway from everyday life.