Nestled on the east coast of Mauritius, Anahita Golf and Spa Resort lies within an area over 200 hectares in size, surrounded by tropical gardens and azure coastline, you will find Anahita The Resort. The Anahita vibe is creole cool through and through… laid back, welcoming and full of charm. Each perfectly tailored villa has been thought of with your family in mind, providing the ultimate base for stress free family adventures. Here are five reasons why we believe Anahita The Resort is one of the best family hotels in Mauritius…
1. Whatever the age of your family, the Anahita team have it covered. From 8 months to 18 years, your children will enjoy a different-each-day programme of things to do, places to go and people to meet. We love the weekly tennis tournaments, nature walks, cooking lessons and outings on the glass bottom boat. Tiny tots are in the safest of hands in the hotels award winning and internationally recognised kids club.
2. The one, the only…Ile Aux Cerfs! This stunning island is a quick and complimentary boat ride from the main hotel beach and a wonderful addition to the mainland experience. Adventure lovers will be in their element whizzing along the zip line. Golf lovers can soak up the sights and sounds of the Indian Ocean whilst practising their swing. Sun soakers will love the hotels picnic service, delivered to Ile Aux Cerf with you and for you – complete with cold drinks and homemade treats.
3. We’ve mentioned it already, but perhaps the defining feature of a family friendly hotel is of course, the accommodation. At Anahita, they have pulled out all the stops and most importantly they understand the need for space! Choose a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5! bedroom villa and enjoy a true home away from home experience. Each comes with a fully equipped kitchen (which can be pre-stocked with all essentials and favourites!) a living room, a dining room and a private plunge pool.
4. However gorgeous your little ones…we know how nice it is to escape for the evening for the odd date night or two. We love Origine for its interactive culinary experience – chefs prepare bespoke menu’s and meals right before your very eyes. For the night you get the babysitters in late, The Signature restaurant offers fine dining at its absolute best Lastly, cure that pizza and pasta craving at Il Forno, a traditional Italian affair overlooking the golf course.
5. As much as the food for the adults is a draw… so is the food for the kids! Sugar is the in house sweet treat hang out. Pick up home-made pastries and freshly roasted coffee in the morning or a sugar spiked pick me up in the afternoon after that post lunch lull. For a family date night, indulge in the ultimate evening together by calling ‘Dial-A-Chef’. A brilliant and unique service where a chef and waiter will join you and your family in villa, cooking and serving a bespoke menu of all your favourite things. No need for a babysitter, no need to worry about going to a restaurant, no need to cook and best of all….no need to wash up!