Friday facts brings you random, useless information about facts of the world. We all love a bit of useless information!!
– Chances that an American lives within 50 miles of where they grew up – 1 in 2.
– People began surfing in Hawaii before Columbus sailed to America.
– Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is the slurpee capital of the world! Residents of the city, despite the cold weather, drink more slurpees per capita than any other city!
– On an average day 102 people visit the Dr. Pepper museum in Waco, TX.
– There are two places on earth where men outlive women – southern Asia and Iran.
– State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work – Alaska.
– Ten percent of the Russian government’s income comes from the sale of vodka.
– The Tokyo Zoo, located in Japan, closes down for two months every year to give the animals a little break from the people.
– There’s only one mobile U.S. national monument – The cable cars in San Fransisco.
– The US city with the most lightning strikes per capita is – Clearwater, Florida.
– City with the most Rolls Royce’s per capita – Hong Kong.
– Hong Kong has just overtaken Tokyo as the world’s most expensive city. US cities don’t even make the list till number 21 (New York).
– Texas is also the only state that is allowed to fly its state flag at the same height as the U.S. flag.