We have heard people say that the best part of a holiday is the anticipation. We beg to differ. At Turquoise we strive to ensure that your holiday goes way above all your expectations. A luxury holiday is far more than a financial outlay – it is a major emotional investment too, and usually a badly needed escape from the rigours of everyday life. It can even be a significant life event – your honeymoon, an anniversary, or even a potential engagement….. whatever the occasion, there’s no room for compromise in our books. It has to be the best.
Getting the measure of an outstanding holiday is easy; you’ve mentally written your resignation letters and spent hours poring over real estate websites. Quite simply you would rather cut off your right arm than lug your suitcase back on the belt at check-in for your flight home. So how do you ensure that your holiday lives up to the hype? Simple – you talk to the boys and girls at Turquoise.
Luxury holidays are our business. We spend our days scouring the planet for the most sublime beaches, to-die-for resorts, life-affirming adventures and exceptional experiences. Then we test them (well, someone has to do it) just to make sure they really are that good. Only then do we let you enjoy them too.
Here are some ideas to get your holiday planning underway:
- For exotic year-round sun without breaking the bank, Asia is a great choice – but don’t follow the crowds. We love Lombok – Bali’s quieter little sister where the beachfront resorts come all the glamour, fewer tourists and a much more attractive price tag. For a real adventure, take a jungle trek through Borneo, and wind down on the pristine beach of a lush rainforest island.
- Eating and drinking play a big part of our holidays. We adore quirky Ti Kaye in St Lucia where the philosophy is simple: Wine for every occasion or for no occasion at all. At The Sarojin in Thailand’s Khao Lak, your daily breakfast is served with sparkling wine. Who doesn’t love to start their day on the beach with a glass or two of bubbly?
- You can’t beat the freedom that comes with all-inclusives. At many of our favourite resorts you can upgrade to full board or all-inclusive for a relative snip and leave the wallet where it belongs – in the room safe.
- If you’ve set your heart on an African safari, build in plenty of time to chill-out on the beach afterwards. South Africa does safari-luxe like nowhere else, and with a week in Mauritius, this beach-safari is a marriage made in heaven. For a true Out of Africa experience head to Kenya for a safari that’s also out of this world, followed by barefoot elegance at a Swahili-inspired beach resort on spice island Zanzibar.
- The Maldives really is all it’s cracked up to be. Trust us – it is one of those places that looks better in reality than in the brochure. It doesn’t have to cost the earth either. We love some of the contemporary chic resorts such as Velassaru. Eco aficionados will fall for the uber-upscale and remote Six Senses Laamu with its ice cream parlour and chilled chocolate studio. Keen surfers take note – its Yin Yang reef break wave is legendary!
- North eastern Sri Lanka is the new cool spot in the Indian Ocean. Jungle Beach resort is right up there for exactly what it says on the tin – only better, and you’ll be blown away by the food – in more ways than one!
- Don’t be tempted to scrimp on your room. It always pays to book the best you can afford and many of our favourite resorts throw in free upgrades. If you’re going to Tahiti, it’s just criminal not to have an overwater bungalow. In the Maldives you would be silly not to have a pool villa; oh, and if you’re pushing the boat out, did we mention that we know some great little private islands in the Caribbean …. ?
- Talking of boats, why not cruise through the BVIs on your own privately crewed yacht, or take a traditional Dhow sailing safari through Mozambique’s Quirimbas archipelago. You’ll sleep on swags under the stars by night and explore the remote islands by day.
- Let the journey become part of your holiday. It might take two or three days to get there and back, especially if you are heading as far as Australia or the South Pacific, so why not make the most of every minute. Build in a swanky city or beach stopover to make those holiday miles stretch as far as possible, and ask us for the best prices in premium and business class, or sector upgrades. You will be surprised at the deals we can get. Take it from us – a little more legroom goes a very long way.
Lastly, let us put the old fashioned glamour back into your holiday. There’s no better place to start than a phone call, or even better, a one to one chat with a consultant at our London or Beaconsfield shops. Our expertise is your passport to a holiday that you will never forget – for all the right reasons. Visit us today at www.turquoiseholidays.co.uk and take that first step in booking the holiday you’ve always dreamed. While we might not be able to fly you to the moon (just yet) we can promise we’ll make sure you are well and truly over it.