Having seen its honeymoon business grow 80% over the past three years The Turquoise Holiday Company and is now turning its hand to the business of five star family holidays following an upsurge in the request for child-friendly resorts from former honeymoon clients.
James Bell, sales and marketing director of Turquoise says: “Couples who have honeymooned with Turquoise over the past few years in places such as the Indian Ocean, Africa and Australia are now coming back to us with little ones in tow, asking for a family version of the dream holiday that they enjoyed as a couple – with a few small modifications, of course!”
Bell says that in place of complimentary upgrades, champagne and rose petal-covered beds, Turquoise’s new breed of ‘babymooner’ is more interested in free baby-sitting, extra bedrooms and children’s meal plans.
In creating The Little Blue Collection of holidays, Turquoise has appealed to its most child-friendly luxury resorts for great deals, added-value offers and savings which will encourage bookings by families looking to give their little ones a holiday in the style to which their parents have become accustomed.
Many of the resorts that have been identified by Turquoise for today’s chic and stylish family have private villas, preferably with some sort of kitchen facility or children’s meal plan, safe gardens, private pools and childcare/babysitting facilities. Amenities such as golf and spa are seen as an optional bonus for parents with a spare hour or two, but not essential.
Turquoise’s top five best selling family resorts:
- Topping the list of the ‘Little Blue Collection’ Best Seller List is the Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita. Described by Turquoise as a ‘stylish all-villa sanctuary’, this five star resort has with lovely lush safe gardens, white sand beaches and lagoon waters, and accommodation in two bedroom family villas with private pools. Touches for youngsters include milk and cookies on arrival, children’s’ bathrobes and bath toiletries and toys including alphabet sponges; birthday parties are arranged on request and there is a kids club for ages 4 to 12. All this plus two hours of free baby sitting every day, £450 meal credits per week, and complimentary golf make this a dream family resort. Book through Turquoise before 31st March for holidays between 15 April and 31 October, and receive seven nights for the price of four, a saving of £2,850 per family. Seven nights in a two bedroom garden pool residence costs from £5499 per family of four (children under 12) including breakfast, private transfers and flights.
- The St Regis Resort Bora Bora: ensconce your family in one of their five star two bedroom overwater bungalows with swimming pools on the decks and make the most of the resort’s fantastic kids club.
- Wadigi Island, Fiji: book your own beautiful private Fijian island for up to six adults and childrens in three bedrooms – complete with staff including boat, boat captain and chef.
- Constance Ephelia opened in the Seychelles in February 2010, located on the stunning west coast of Mahe. Set within 120 hectares of land and rare vegetation, the resort is perfect for a family holiday on one of the most authentic Indian Ocean islands. Families currently enjoy a 50% discount on the Three Bedroom Family Villas for stays between 01 May – 15 July 2010. Book through Turquoise before 30 April and save of £2,570 per family. Seven nights in a Three Bedroom Family Villa costs from £4,525 per family of four (children under 12) including breakfast, private transfers and flights.
- Indigo Pearl in the Thai resort of Phuket – just ten minutes from the airport, and the family will be happily settled in the award-winning resort, minutes from the white sands of Nai Yang Beach. Families are ideally accommodated in the interconnecting rooms and there are lots of dining options including kids menus. Children love the Kids Club, which is open from 8 am to 6 pm, while Mum and Dad can get on with yoga, tennis, cycling and cookery classes as well as all the watersports at the resort’s private beach club. Book through Turquoise for holidays between 16 April and 31 October, and receive 8 nights for the price of 4 plus 50% off for children staying in a separate room, a saving of £1,065 per family. Eight nights in two interconnecting Kelly Quarters costs from £3,565 per family of four (children under 12) including breakfast, private transfers and flights.