A tranquil escape on a private paradise island, there’s plenty we love about Four Seasons Resort Seychelles at Desroches Island. Our Indian Ocean product manager Lisa Mason just names a few…
1. Even though it’s a tiny island, it boasts nine miles of stunning powder-soft sands. Hire a bike from the resort and cycle around the isle, stopping off to explore (or relax on) any of the five beaches along the way; better still, you’ll have the beaches all to yourself. The bike ride is brilliant, too, taking you through open swathes and then along tiny tracks through thick jungle. Aside from the beaches, make sure you pause en route to say hello to George, the island’s resident tortoise!
2. Make sure you dine at The Lighthouse, one of the resort’s restaurants. Set within a whitewashed lighthouse, this gorgeous eaterie is truly one-of-a-kind in the Seychelles and its lounge gives spectacular 360-degree views. It’s the perfect place for pre-dinner sundowners – I’d recommend sipping on a glass of Whispering Angel rosé against the backdrop of a fiery sunset.
3. Stay at The Lighthouse for dinner, especially for the freshly caught seafood found in its Raw Bar. The tuna ceviche and red snapper carpaccio are divine!
4. Whichever villa you choose to stay in at the Four Seasons Desroches, whether it’s for the ocean view or direct beach access, one thing will stay the same: you’ll have your own private pool! Measuring over 200 sq ft, they’re very spacious. It means you can (literally) soak up those dreamy views from the comfort of your own villa – perfect for couples.
5. Four Seasons Desroches is great for families as well. The kids’ club has plenty to entertain children, including a wooden playground, air-conditioned relaxation rooms and an open-air shelter for lots of arts and crafts activities. Teens won’t be bored, either, who can head to the water sports centre and learn about the marine life that surrounds them and go on guided snorkelling and dive tours.