We are so delighted with the feedback from a lovely family who have recently returned from their Vietnam Family Holiday, we just had to share it!
From the Bartlett family:
“Wow! Just wow! What an absolutely fantastic holiday we have just had! I don’t know where to begin….
Firstly the guides from Trails of Indochina were all fabulous. They were very knowledgeable, extremely friendly and very accommodating. The itinerary on the first leg of our trip had to be amended due to a bad weather forecast. We were completely unaware of the impending bad weather but our guide Quang was on the ball and came up with an alternative plan so we would not to miss out on any of the experiences, and it was evident he had our best interests at heart. Nothing was too much trouble and he was really good fun to be with.
A special mention goes to the lady (Quang’s operator) who sorted our changed trip in Halong Bay due to the bad weather and subsequent flight to Hoi An a day earlier. Because the Nam Hai couldn’t accommodate us for an extra day, she arranged for us to stay in The Apricot in Hanoi and The Naman in Hoi An which were both gorgeous and all at no extra cost to us.
The time we spent in Hanoi was fabulous…the itinerary you put together really gave us a real taste of Vietnam from the food, the people and the culture. We felt that the 3 days we spent there was probably long enough as once we had done the trips we wanted to get on with a bit of R&R in Hoi An. And so onto the Nam Hai…. Well this place completely blew us away! What an absolutely stunning resort. The accommodation, our pool, the grounds, our butler were all first class and we really didn’t want to leave. Again, we thoroughly enjoyed the organised trips. I thought it would be easier to do a brief round up of each trip below…
- Water puppet show – Nice thing to do on the first day
- Half day street food tour – LOVED this! Introduced to foods we would of never tried (fermented aged black eggs). Really interesting. Lovely chef lady (think she was called Aye)
- Hanoi half day city tour – Didn’t really do this due to the itinerary change but we did a cyclo tour which was fab and went to see the preserved body of Ho Chi Minh which was fascinating
- Halong Bay – Only had one night on a different boat which was hastily arranged due to the weather but it was still a nice boat and we enjoyed a kayaking trip and swim in a beautiful bay. On the way to the boat our guide took us to an oyster farm which we found really interesting
- Red Bridge Cooking School Experience – Wonderful chef called Lin. She was very funny and spoke excellent English. Her tour of the market was both fun and informative. We loved the cooking and everything we cooked was very tasty and easy to make at home
- Biking Tra Nhieu Village – Another big hit! Our lovely guide took us to various people in the village who demonstrated their skills. Our son got really involved and helped weave a mat and make a bamboo boat. The food served at a local family’s house was really delicious and they were so welcoming. We all enjoyed trying out the round bamboo boats (apparently I was a natural!)
- Cu Chi Tunnels – Incredible place…a real highlight of the holiday
- Cycling in the Mekong Delta – Stunningly beautiful. Loved this trip particularly the visit to the fruit farmer who was a real character
We genuinely can’t think of anything we would change.
In conclusion, we are very very happy….a fantastic service from yourselves, excellent agent on the ground, wonderful experiences and will definitely use you again in the future! I will be calling you soon to get some ideas for next year!