It is not often that you get balled over by extraordinary natural beauty and unparalleled service, but on the Laamu Atoll- deep in the Indian Ocean – Six Senses creates a sustainable paradise that reveals just that. At the heart of any trip to the Maldives lies relaxation and rejuvenation, and after my last trip to this beautiful collection of islands, I’ve come up with six special reasons as to why I think Six Senses Laamu is the perfect choice for the barefoot luxury escapee.
1) Watch the beautiful sunset in the over water net hammocks in Chill Bar while sipping on a Laamu Rock – the delicious signature Six Senses cocktail. The views really were one in a million and the in house DJ adds a vibey atmosphere to the rustic and natural setting.
2) Lower your carbon footprint whilst getting fit in paradise with the complimentary bicycles that get you around the beautiful island. Who needs the gym anyway?
3) INSIDE SCOOP: If you’re an early bird and want to experience a stunning sun rise, stay in the ocean water villa with pool (my favourite room category!) before take a relaxing morning dip in your infinity pool.
4) Indulge your taste buds with the extraordinary array of ice cream flavours at the Six Senses’ very own al fresco ice cream parlour. With around forty plus ever changing options those with a sweet tooth will not want to leave.
5) Everyone who visits the Maldives must try their hand at snorkelling and with this fantastic house reef you will not be disappointed. Within about 20 minutes of being on the island I saw dolphins in the distance and manta rays on the shore! Parrotfish, green turtles, manta rays and more can be spotted whilst snorkelling in the shores.
6) For me, Leaf had to be one of the hotel’s most unique and charming features. The restaurant is set among the jungle and palm trees and to get to it you have to walk across a small rickety bridge. It is also the perfect dining option for those who are wanting ‘wellness’- focused cuisine.
The no shoes; no worries ethos, outstanding service and variety of unique dining experiences alongside the property’s rustic-chic design truly brings Six Senses Laamu alive – and for me, drawing it right into the spot light for being one of the most amazing places to stay in the Maldives.
Find out more about Six Senses Laamu with Turquoise Holidays. Call us on 01494 678 400