One of the original Robinson Crusoe desert islands -the sensational Soneva Fushi– has put together an incredible offer for budding environmentalists and those looking for the perfect Maldivian escape.
The Stay for Good offer simply asks guests staying for five nights at Soneva Fushi to participate in your very own tailormade environmental programme which will work alongside marine biologists, horticulturalists, mycologists, and community engagement managers to support local sustainability initiatives at this stunning resort. Participate and you’ll get an additional five-night stay!
Soneva Fushi is renowned for its sustainability and environmental efforts to protect and preserve our beautiful world and the stunning marine life found in the Maldives. Over the last few years, coral has been bleached, everything from turtles to whales have ingested plastic and the negative impact of global warming has seriously been affecting the island jewels in the Indian Ocean. Soneva is working against this, and you can too! With a little help on the land, in the water and with the community you can learn about sustainable living and work with some fantastic projects including the Manta Trust and Marine Megafauna Foundation.
Assisting horticulturists, mycologists, and gardeners in maintaining the vegetable gardens. Learning how to grow your own vegetables. Delivering the vegetables to Soneva’s restaurants. Learning how to create a seed bank to ensure future sustainability of important crops. Helping to make sustainable bricks in Soneva’s Eco Centro Waste to Wealth facility. Snorkelling with Soneva’s marine biologists to help with turtle identification. Spending time analysing and collecting debris that may have washed up on the beach. Working alongside Soneva’s community engagement manager on established projects with nearby communities, which may include local swimming classes, composting projects, beach clean ups, and other education initiatives.
Too much work for a holiday? At least one guest per villa needs to participate in the full programme for only a few hours a day and you’ll be getting an additional five nights in pure paradise out of it! You’ll feel better by doing your bit for the environment and community and you might learn something new too. What’s not to love?!
Terms and conditions:
• Stay five nights at Soneva Fushi in any villa category and the next five nights will be complimentary in the same villa category if at least one guest in the villa participates in the full programme
• The complimentary five nights are offered on a room only basis, and exclude F&B, transfers, and activities
• The offer is valid between the periods: 12 May – 12 June 2018,21 June – 27 July 2018; 1 – 30 September 2018
• Additional taxes and service charges for the additional five nights’ accommodation will not be levied.
• The bonus nights cannot be exchanged for cash or other equivalents, be transferred, or be taken during a different period.
• The activities are mandatory and if not completed additional room charges will apply.
• The offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.
• The standard Soneva cancellation policy will be applicable.
* The exact programme offered to guests may deviate from the above-listed activities and will be based on the season, and requirements at the time of the visit.