At Turquoise Holidays we make no excuses for our reputation as the world’s most romantic holiday company, but even with that in mind, we are sure we are not alone in declaring Bora Bora to be the most romantic island in the world.
Even its name (which was originally Pora Pora but Captain Cook misheard the gentle Tahitian accent and so it became Bora Bora) conjures up images of salty kisses in the soft surf, beach picnics on deserted islets and the heady scent of frangipani and hibiscus around your sun-drenched day bed before the French Polynesian moonlit night works its magic under the starry skies …. If you’re getting the distinct feeling that it’s about time you injected a little romance into your relationship, you should look no further than this idyllic corner of French Polynesia. And if a proposal is imminent, there is no better Island on earth than Bora Bora on which to woo your lover. You can depend on Bora Bora to work her magic. But in case you need a little gentle persuasion, here are ten top tips on how to woo your lover on Bora Bora.
1. Arrive by helicopter. Many of the resorts have their own heli pad and the vista that awaits you will set the seal for the rest of your holiday.
2. Invest in the most romantic thatched overwater bungalow you can afford. Nothing beats sleeping over the turquoise waters of Bora Bora. For maximum impact, we recommend checking into an out-of-this-world overwater villa at The St Regis Bora Bora or Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora – both come with a private plunge pool on deck, direct access to the lagoon below and stunning views of Bora Bora’s Mount Otemanu.
3. Arrange for your breakfast to be delivered to your overwater bungalow by outrigger canoe. Breakfast in bed will never be the same again.
4. Picnic on a deserted motu (islet) with Tahitian speciality Poisson Cru (raw fish marinated in lime juice and coconut milk) washed down with a chilled Tahitian beer or a glass or two of sparkling.
5. Take her shark and stingray feeding – she’ll never let you go!
6. Charter your own private catamaran for a few days sailing around the idyllic lagoons and islands – with your own crew looking after your every whim – then be dropped off at the private jetty of your chosen Bora Bora retreat – how’s that for a stylish arrival?!
7. Have a massage just for two. The couple’s spa at the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is one of the best in Tahiti. And for an ultra-romantic treatment à deux, opt for the nest-like spa suite suspended 18 feet above the ground at the newly-opened, super exclusive Brando private island resort.
8. Indulge in a Polynesian Kiss at sundowner time. The signature cocktail from the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa – bubbles, gin, and a few exotic ingredients – promises a lifetime of sweetness and passion.
9. Book an all-inclusive. Worrying about your wallet is a sure fire way to dampen your fervour – and hers! Talk to our consultants about upgrading to full board, bubbles and all.
10. If you are planning to pop the question, let us into the secret. There is nothing we love more than a proposal, and we have plenty of ways to make sure yours is one to remember for all the right reasons.
Finally, please make sure you come back and tell us all about it!